Constable Care Performer (casual)
We are currently holding open auditions for male professional performers to join our established events team engaging young people through Theatre-In-Education programs throughout WA.
We are looking for versatile performers with a range including puppetry and live performance at a range of events-based entertainment. The successful applicant will:
• Be a male performer, aged between 21-35
• Have attended drama school and have professional acting experience
• Have the ability to work in a number of theatrical styles and play a variety of characters
• Hold a valid WA Driver’s License
• Possess experience teaching, directing or working with children/young people
• Enjoy travel – the successful applicant needs to be available for touring work, travelling by vehicle or plane to performance venues throughout WA
• Have an understanding of puppetry (desirable)
• Hold a tertiary qualification in Theatre (desirable)
Being a part of our performance ensemble provides a unique opportunity to further develop an enormous range of performance skills in a demanding but well-paid creative environment - working in a number of different theatrical styles, playing multiple characters per show and often performing up to four or five times a day.
As performers you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, and be part of a fun, high-energy performing arts organisation that makes a real difference in the community. As artists you will be contributing to a creative process that uses theatre as a tool to effect social and personal change for young audiences and participants. Our actors are regularly called on to appear at major Perth events, community forums and activities.
Applications are highly encouraged from experienced performers of all backgrounds, including of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Location: Western Australia, Australia
Applications to this casting call require:
* A phone number
* A current CV with 2 referees
* A profile photo
Auditions and interviews will be held in early December 2017, and require a monologue + some prepared scenes. Rehearsals and training commence Jan 2018.
We are initially offering casual contracts to join our Events Team, with the view to offering fixed term, part-time contracts as positions become available in our core Performance Ensemble.
Please send applications and/or enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for more details and to apply.